Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Lizard, May 2010

(I just discovered this post, which had been almost completely readied just prior to my departure for Afghanistan last year, and then left sitting in the queue since.  It's silly, short, and kinda fun.)


OK, the gecko. I just liked "lizard" better as a title. Here is a photo essay of the little fella who appeared on my screen window one early evening in Sneads Ferry, NC. I began snapping away, thinking he'd be shy and scurry off, but it turns out he didn't mind the paparazzi one bit.

Nosedive!

Dive! Dive! Dive!

Regrouping...

Prepare to launch.

Launch!


The gecko has got to be one of the most adaptive species out there.  They are found in rainy environments like coastal Carolina and my old childhood home of Singapore, and I spot them underneath rocks in dry Colorado all the time...so damnit, here's to THE LIZARD.

No comments:

Post a Comment